About Me

My photo
I am a creative artist and believe in sharing all that you love and learn in life.It makes the world a happier place.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Searching for Clarity - Reasons why i paint


Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding."
-- Khalil Gibran
My search for CLARITY
 I Paint to open up emotions that I feel. I paint emotions so I can understand them. Painting to me is like a discovery of who I am and what’s going on inside. I don’t paint words I paint in colours and use lines and shapes that are an expression of the visual world that has no words. This is what I see constantly wherever I go, line ,colour and shape. This is what I am attracted to – the balance.
I paint my emotions. I can then look at them with another set of eyes instead of being connected and attached to them this enables me to then look at them for what they are and to de- tatch.  As I move my canvas around and stand back and see it from a calm perspective whats actually going on inside of me I get clarity of who I am as a person and what I need to do with these emotions. Usually its all about letting them go and life takes care of itself.
When I paint I like to paint fearlessly, childlike and vulnerable.  This is my strength. This is what I like sharing with others in my workshops.
When I paint I can see where my life is at now. I get taken to my core. “I’m in the zone” like so many say!.
My whole life I have loved being creative and I have loved illustrations and pictures and paintings. I adored doing craft reading child like story books and making things from the heart. I particularly fell in love with artists like Ken done and Eric carle and the great Picasso. I loved Mambo and hot tuna growing up as a teenager.
Some paintings I paint are not always open they are still closed still wanting to be something they are not - still trying to “fit in” and get a name in the art world – to be accepted by galleries to be so called recognised by others the fame the fortune the greed the struggle the ongoing saga- my paintings allow me to see all of this this and they speak to me.
“How do they speak to me?” I can feel it, a feeling of not quite getting there sometimes or a feeling of dishonesty - that i have been dis honest with myself. I havn’t expressed myself in its true form and that’s why after a painting there is sometimes dissapointment.
I have realised that my paintings only need to satisfy my own desire. I no longer need to compare them with others. This is where the true freedom is this is what my aim is to share with others. This is the clarity of where I am going. To full fill yourself with you and your own personal journey. When your full you can fill others up.
To paint with wings of freedom strapped to my back to let go ,to love, to stand in my personal truth, completely honouring my imagination for what it is and to most of all accept the outcome, be it black blue pink or white green grey or yellow. Accept life at its best and worst.
This is the life journey of hollyeva
Clarity statement
“ I will continue to paint and to pour out emotions from the heart in a childlike innocent and vulnerable way. I will stay focused and real . I will accept whatever the outcome may be and to always follow the instincts of thy own true self. I no longer need to worry about fame and fortune this may come in its own form, it may be in the form of receiving love from others. What’s important is the connection between us all as human beings.
I no longer feel the need to fit in, I will continue teaching others the beauty about self expression with paint and I will learn from the people around me. I will remember to always keep dropping my gaurd and allowing the love in. This is Hollyevas Clarity, this is why self expression is important to me.”

My art workshops are now also listed on my website www.hollyeva.com

No comments:

Post a Comment